Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The consequences of having too much fun

I was in great shape last Thursday preparing for my interview, and successfully making it through the grocery store.  Please appreciate the grey-free roots in my hair in hi-def!

I was still rocking on Friday morning helping the wonderful husband straighten up for the interview.  For the actual interview I was on my game.  I'm sure adrenaline helped A LOT!

Two young, lovely friends of my daughter joined us for the weekend, then dinner guests Sunday night.  All incredible experiences that I wouldn't have missed for the world!  But I started to wilt on Sunday.  And by that I mean that my balance and walking were pretty pathetic.

Monday I was not able to slow down, and the fatigue and weakness were even worse.

But today is a new day.  Tuesday will be my day of rest, or at least my day of only one activity.  That is my pledge.

Pre-Liberation I would not have even attempted 75% of what I did over the past 5 days.  LIke a foodie in front of a mouth-watering buffet, I overindulged.  Big time.

Despite my body screaming at me to give it a break, I ignored it.  Well there are two ways of looking at it, I guess.  I could have A, listened, and missed out on a lot of fun.  Or B,  plowed through and done it all, while graciously accepting a little more physical support from my able husband and mom.

I picked B with no regrets!  Now only time will tell how long my body will take to recuperate.  I'm guessing two days.  I'll let you know...

p.s.  My good buddy R. is having his procedure tomorrow at GU.  He and I both ended up in a GU vascular surgeon's office on the same day in the beginning of January.  He tracked me down on TIMS.  Along with our friend H., we have been an unstoppable team in getting ourselves tested (all positive, by the way)!  And he is now on the brink of Liberation!  H. is not a GU patient, and is taking a more cautious approach anyway.  She will get the results of her full MRV today!

Over the past 3 months we have been a wonderful support system for one another.  We could not have made it this far this quickly without each other.  I am very lucky to have them on my team.  Thanks guys!

No comments: