This afternoon I was interviewed by our local CBS news affiliate, WUSA9. They met with Dr. T this morning. I am told that he did a fantastic job. Yeah Dr. T! They are setting up a meeting with Dr. Neville for next week.
The reporter, producer and cameraman did a great job of making me feel comfortable and safe. They seem truly committed to doing an informative piece about CCSVI, and the life of one woman living with MS. We did the interview, then the cameraman followed my older daughter and me to the bus stop to pick up my younger daughter. What makes this at all interesting is that she was walking and I was on my Segway! It is the best way to travel if putting one foot in front of the other is not a great option for long (for me anyway) trips.
The interview will air sometime the week of April 5th. I will post the date when I know it, and link the actual interview here after it airs. If you are local you can see it on Channel 9 at 11:00 with Anita Brikman.
The only new "improvement" to report is that my husband and daughter think I am funnier than I have been in a long time. Don't know whether to be flattered or offended. I'll take flattered. It is much easier to be funny and generally more upbeat when, after 20 years, you see your future filled with promise. The thought that my MS might not progress anymore is still hard to believe. But I'm working on it! The idea of improving is beyond exciting. We shall see...
Happy spring and Cherry Blossom Festival (and wicked tree pollen allergies) from Washington D.C.!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment