Have I gotten your attention, and not just you plastic surgeons out there?
Dr. T called earlier to ask me if I would sign a release allowing GU to share the amazing venogram pics of my internal JUGular veins with the ASSOCIATED PRESS. They are at GU today doing a story on CCSVI.
I've known that they were coming to do the story today for a while. When I saw Dr. T on Friday, I mentioned that, since I am still the only treated patient, they might want to show off my awesome "before" and "after" pics. I asked if they needed my permission. He assured me that they would. Well, I was happy to receive his call!
I'll do anything to spread the gospel! But I do draw the line at only showing my internal jugs. ;o)
WAIT! As I was writing this my good friend H. called to tell me that the reporter with photographer was there at GU for her ultrasound this morning! She had been warned in advance that they might be there while she was being tested, and asked if she would be willing to participate in the story.
The reporter interveiwed her and the awesome tech I mentioned in a previous post. The reporter told H. that this was going world wide, implying that this is BIG! Well, we know it is big, but we have just been waiting for the rest of the USA to catch on!
Then I just got a call from the media relations person at GU asking if I would speak to the reporter about my treatment. Gulp. Of course I will. Anything to spread the gospel, right?
*******************************************************************************
I have some other tentatively good news to share. I'm sticking with my three day rule (from my "tortoise" post: "I have decided on a method to determine if an improvement is real, or just wishful thinking. It is the same criteria that we used to determine if our babies were actually sleeping through the night: If it lasts for three days, it is real!")
For the past three days I have noticed that my balance is definitely better first thing in the morning. That is when it is often at it's worst. And as a lovely side effect, my walking is easier, too. It is amazing how much easier it is to walk when you are not wobbling from side to side!
It doesn't last all day. I was in a snit yesterday when I posted because I had come home from the grocery store a wobbling mess. It was frustrating after such a promising start! Thank goodness for my Knight.
Today started well, too. Then I had to straighten up for the cleaning crew, and I'm a little wiped out. It doesn't take much! I am resting and blogging, and hope that the balance returns today.
I'll post the AP story as soon as I get it. I don't know if I will get advanced notice, so if you see it first let me know!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment