Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Looking for travel agent to book a (legal) out-of-body vacation

If only it were possible!  I just wish I didn't have to be here while all of these wonderful things are happening to me! The two bad days followed by two better days formula is frustrating. If I could just have it mapped out on a calendar in advance, then it might be better. But for now it is just a matter of waking up and testing the waters each new day.

I am still confident that my body will prove to me that, given the opportunity, it can do wonderful things.  It did it before, when I was on Tysabri.  So I have precedent and faith on my side.  Unfortunately, I fight with that damn patience part every day!

I realize that I may sound like a brat.  I have the gift of Liberation!  Tomorrow is only my two week anniversary. Happy Liberation Day to me!  Now Kwitcherbichen, woman!




Whew!  Venting makes everything a little better.  Now back to the productive stuff.

Here is a great interview with Dr. Zamboni  from yesterday for anyone who is interested:  Liberation Treatment Q and A

My favorite part:

"In preliminary data about the treatment, released at a Sept. 8 meeting of researchers interested in CCSVI, Zamboni and his team were able to show that in patients with the clinical form of relapsing-remitting MS -the most common - there was a drop in the number of active brain lesions in the patients that persisted up to 18 months after surgery. As well, in the two years before surgery, acute MS attacks were noted by 50 per cent of the recruited patients, but in the two years following surgery, 73 per cent of the patients had no more attacks. In all these patients, cognitive and motor activities assessed by an outcome measure called MSFC were significantly and persistently improved. The same finding was not made with patients with the progressive forms of the disease; in the latter, however, disease progression was stopped and the patients' quality of life improved." (emphasis added by ME)

In conclusion, I realize that I may sound like a nut case.  Some of you may argue, with concrete evidence, that I really am.  But I told you all at the outset that this blog is primarily a tool for me to track my experience.  And right now my experience is that of being on a physical and emotional roller coaster.  If you choose to ride this crazy train with me, that's all on you!

But just so you know, I really do appreciate your company.

p.s. I added some new info to my bio.  Since I am hearing that more MSers are joining me, I know it will be helpful to have a little background.

No comments: