I had a Doppler ultrasound on Feb. 1st that showed significant reflux in both of my internal jugular veins.
When I made the appointment, I asked, and was assured, that they would be using a transcranial Doppler.
Well guess what? The vascular dept does not have transcranial ultrasound, so they just looked at the short segment of veins in the neck. I don't know what would have happened if I had come up negative. I am glad that I did not know this before I went, or I would have been a mess. My two friends who were tested the same week each had reflux in one IJV. The tech told me that she had tested four people the week before and three came back positive. What about the poor fourth person?? I hope that Georgetown has a plan to further test the initialy negative patients.
I have appointments with both my neuro and the vascular surgeon on Friday, Feb. 26 to go over everything. I will report all of the juicy details after the meetings.
My procedure is scheduled for Wednesday, March 3rd!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment