I've been having a rough week, mentally and physically. My head is still good, but my feedback from Dr. T. was not all that I was hoping it would be. He and Dr. Neville are both very busy. They are not prepared to learn more about the azygos vein just yet, despite the fact that I made contact with a doctor who offered to help them if they would just ask.
This is one of those times when being first is not all it's cracked up to be. Doctors need to see things published in peer reviewed journals. There is just not enough published about CCSVI. I respect their ways, of course. I just wish that time moved faster in some ways, and slower in others. Quick lets see more info about correctly visualizing the azygos vein, and slooooow down my legs getting weaker!
I have begun to investigate other options to get my azygos looked at. It is still too soon to know when or where that will happen, but the wheels are in motion. I got liberated within three months of learning about CCSVI, so nobody should underestimate me!
Would I do it all over again, knowing what I know now? Hell, yes! I forgot what it felt like to have cold purple toes, to be a snarky bi*#h in the evenings, and to choke and scare my family.
I am lucky that I already possess the tools to live my life on shaky legs. I have canes, the Segway, even a scooter, not to mention the best support system that a woman could ask for! I just wish that I didn't need to use them. I firmly believe that it is always better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
So this story is still writing itself. I believe that I have many more chapters to go until I get to "The End." Not in the morbid "The End" sense, just the wonderful one where everyone lives happily ever after!
I am looking forward to my 3 month ultrasound on Friday, and my appointment with Dr. T. the following week. I have many questions for him, and I am sure he has much to tell me.
Stay tuned...
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope you can have answers about azygos vein. But did you see your azygos vein narrowing clearly?
He didn't see narrowing, just dye refluxing during the angiogram.
Dear Lucky Lady:
I have done the MRV scan already, and will have the Angiography soon. However, The doctor wants to check and then decides the balloon the vein. That means they will do the surgery twice, right? Did you have Angiography and balloon(unblocking) at the same time? If yes, I would like to tell this to my doctor.
Thank you for your help.
An MSer from Asia
You will find that most, if not all doctors do it all in one procedure. Please ask your doctor lots of questions before he touches you. Good luck!
Post a Comment