Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The joy of taking stuff for granted

I am a firm believer in counting one's blessings daily.  No matter how bad my day may have been, I know that someone else's was worse.  I don't spend my time building myself up on the backs of others, but perspective is a valuable tool to keep a person humble.

At some point over the past two months, I have had the luxury of beginning to take some skills for granted.  I cannot tell you the last time that I choked.  Up until recently I made a mental note of every drink I finished choke-free.  I haven't done that in the past week.  I sometimes forget that almost aspirating water or juice was a regular part of my week.

My feet are not purple.  I don't even pull off my socks several times a day to check anymore.  I just know that they are pretty light pink.  I'm even going to celebrate by getting a pedicure next week!  I'm gonna soak them in tepid water, though.  I am still not sure about heat and me.  Hey, it has been a love/hate relationship for so many years.  I have trust issues with temperatures over 98.6 degrees. 

I am still marveling at my improved mood and patience level, though.  I can assure you that my family is, too!

I may not have any big exciting improvements over the next many months.  I think that I am going to be that tortoise who wins with slow and steady progress.  That's o.k. with me.

4 comments:

Judy Blue Eyes said...

Hi Nicole!
Glad to hear you are doing well. I will be receiving the Doppler scan at Georgetown on June 2nd.

I also started a facebook page for Maryland, The Maryland USA MS CCSVI Group.

I hope to network and communicate with others in our state and help everyone connect and be liberated.

I hope you and others in Maryland will join

I featured your blog as the latest post:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Maryland-USA-MS-CCSVI-Group/114648478563437?ref=sgm

Jimmy said...

Seeing your BLOG opens a light in the dark.
I am also a MS er in Taiwan, East Asia. Diagnosed in 2008. After doing the MRV at 5/5 this year, both my Internal Jugular Veins are found narrow, and one of them is blocked. Because the doctors have no actual experience on this treatment, I need your advice and your experience.
The most important thing is: Where is the entrance of the balloon catheter? the chest? the abdominal? or other place?
As I know, Internal Jugular Veins connected with the heart, so I am wondering how the balloon catheter get into the Jugular Veins.
And during the treatment, have you get anesthesia?

Expect and appreciate your respond. Thank you so much!

Jimmy

Lucky Lady said...

Jimmy,
Please read my post of 3/3/10 for answers to all of your questions.
Best of luck to you!
Nicole

Judy,
Hope all goes well with you when you see Charla for the US on June 2nd. She is wonderful!

Jimmy said...

Dear Nicole:

Thank you so much! I am really released now and more confident.

Jimmy