Friday, June 4, 2010

3 month ultrasound

Slight glitch with my appointment this morning.  For some reason they had me scheduled for a meeting with Dr. Neville, not for an ultrasound.  While it would have been interesting to see him (you may recall that he was called away for an emergency, and was unable to see me the week after my procedure), I really wanted the ultrasound more.

Sharla Felton is a great ultrasound tech.  I highly recommend anyone coming to Georgetown request her by name.  The key to the most accurate test possible resides in hand that holds the equipment.  A wand in inexperienced, or less experienced hands is just a wand.

I will get the official results next week from Dr. Tornatore, but she did tell me that she saw a little bit of reflux (.33) on one side.  Not enough for me to worry about, but I'm glad that I am having these tests done regularly so we can track it.

I told her that Dr. Sclafani from Brooklyn, NY is taking his ultrasound expert to Ferrara, Italy next week for five days of training with Zamboni's team.  She was very envious- of the training, not the trip!

We need more passionate, talented techs like her here in the States.  While venogram may be the gold standard, doctors can't realistically go in every three months just to check up on us.  We need techs like Sharla to do as accurate, noninvasive testing as possible.  Our bodies, our doctors, and our insurance companies will be very appreciative!

1 comment:

tellnhelen said...

Hi Lucky..I too had a great experience with Sharla. I have confidence in her abilities. I would recommend her......

Things are going slowly for me. As a matter of fact, I would credit any improvement in my condition to my exercise, diet and LDN. This is the same routine I had before Liberation. Right now I don't believe the Liberation Procedure had only minimal effect for me. I HAD to try though. I'll keep reading and hoping for greater success in others.