Monday, August 2, 2010

Appreciating it all

I am happy to report that I just successfully completed a full grocery shop!  I haven't been able to do that for over a month.  My wonderful husband has been the shopper during that time.

I was wiped out when I got home, but I did it!  I even dragged all of the bags into the house by myself.  I must admit that I looked totally pathetic by that point, but who cares?  My husband usually unloads the car for me, but he did a number on his back yesterday.  He is now the one who needs helping.  And I am finally in a position to HELP HIM!  Wish he didn't need me, but it feels terrific to be able to take care of him for a change. We are a good team.

I made several PT appointments this morning.  The talented therapist who has helped me many times over the years is on vacation, so I will begin on August 16th.  Luckily I still have the program that she gave me a while ago, so I will keep myself busy with those exercises until I see her.

Someone asked about my post-procedure drug regimen.  I am on a full strength aspirin for 3 months.  I don't know what Dr. X's plan is for stented patients since I'm not one of them.  Sorry.

This evening we are having dinner & a movie with friends.  The hosts have a magnificent theater in their basement.  I have only ventured down there a couple of times to see the progress on the construction because stairs are tough for me.  It was built entirely by the talented host husband and my equally talanted man.  They outdid themselves.  It is gorgeous!

Life is sweet right now, so I'm going to enjoy every minute of it that I can.  I know there is a possibility that I might restenose quickly again, but hopefully not.  Instead of sitting around worrying about it, I am taking advantage of every precious moment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in PA and have been following your story for quite a while. I have a connection to Dr. T and am very interested in getting involved with the CCSVI Alliance. Is there a way for us to communicate privately?

Lucky Lady said...

I would be happy to communicate with you. Please leave me a message on Facebook: Nicole Kane Gurland. Let me know that you are the one who commented on my blog.
Thanks, Nicole