Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A new day

Sorry if I left you with a downer on Friday.  I bounced back the next day, but I forgot to let you know that!  Sorry!

I had a lot to digest after my appointment. 
The good news is that I still have a true believer in Dr. Tornatore.  He is encouraging me to look elsewhere, not because he is trying to get rid of me, but because he appreciates the limits of what can be done at Georgetown at this time.

So I am networking with friends in my real life, and new friends in my cyber life.  It may take a village to raise a kid, but it takes a worldwide village to balloon some stenosed veins!

I am making progress in my hunt for a willing and able IR.  My goal is to get this azygos thing taken care of this summer.  A lofty goal to be sure, but I am a force to be reckoned with!

I do believe that some of these very long waiting lists for doctors who are publicly offering their availability are not going to really be as long as they say.  Many of us are on multiple lists.  It is like trying to get into college, but WAY more competitive.  Harvard applicants have got nothing on MS patients, and the stunts we will pull to get into the cath lab of an experienced doctor.

We are fighting for our lives here, not some silly Ivy League education.  (Apologies to all you Ivy Leaguers reading this.)

Bottom line:  I may be wobbling, but I am by no means down for the count.  To the contrary I am more energized than ever!  Remember, I still have the benefits of sharp thinking thanks to Dr. Neville.  I am going to make the most of it.

2 comments:

Enjoying the Ride said...

You've got a winning attitude!

Mitch

Lucky Lady said...

Thanks, my friend!