My generic AFO arrived on Thursday. It is the rigid plastic foot brace that keeps the toes from catching when you take a step. I tried it on and it is not very comfortable. I saw my PT that afternoon, and she tried to make some improvements for me. I still haven't put it back on. But now it is officially in my bag of tricks, and here if I really need it. It is always better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
I am still able to walk pretty far, although I am using the cane more for support than decoration again. No big deal.
The most consistent problem that I can't ignore is my deteriorating balance. The walls of my house now feel my touch more often. My gait is a little wider. It's manageable but keenly on my radar.
The most consistent problem that I can't ignore is my deteriorating balance. The walls of my house now feel my touch more often. My gait is a little wider. It's manageable but keenly on my radar.
My legs are definitely getting weaker. I am having difficulty raising my thighs to ninety degrees while marching place. It takes great effort, and honestly they don't make it as high as they used to. I can't do nearly as many repetitions as I once could either. Interestingly, I am still able to lift my legs out to the side using my hip muscles without difficulty. However, when I try to bend down to get something in a low cabinet or on the floor, I am having much more difficulty getting back up. I thought that was a quad problem. My PT tells me that this maneuver is dependent on those hip muscles, so what do I know?
My fatigue is feeling worse, but it probably has less to do with restenosis than the crazy life I'm living at the moment. I know that I promised myself I'd rest, but I'm having trouble finding the time. Thanks to the .5mg of klonopin I still have to take for night foot cramps, I am sleeping like a baby, so that is good!
In summary all is still good, just very slowly on the decline. If I hadn't been here before, I would be doubting and justifying my symptoms as anything other than restenosis. With experience comes knowledge. I know.
I have an ultrasound this week, and my 3 month appointment with Dr. Haskal next week. I know that I am in good hands, and that those hands will hopefully be back in business in November.
I have an ultrasound this week, and my 3 month appointment with Dr. Haskal next week. I know that I am in good hands, and that those hands will hopefully be back in business in November.
1 comment:
Good luck with your ultrasound.
Post a Comment