Last Tuesday I started my day on a high as I sailed into Baltimore's Inner Harbor office of Dr. Ziv Haskal. Life was so sweet as I performed feats for him like walking without a cane and marching in place with my thighs making it to ninety degrees.
That very same evening my ship hit a Titanic-sized iceberg when my mom was diagnosed with cancer.
I have spent every day since working with my wonderful brother, aunt, uncle, cousins, and friends to take care of her, and find the best team to treat her.
This is no time to brag but I must tell you that I have walked miles of hospital hallways, talked to too many doctors, made hours of phone calls, and done my best to support my mom emotionally. Amazingly I have kept it all straight without falling on my face from fatigue or foot drop.
Other people could certainly have done the jobs that I did this week. There is nothing special about me that got the jobs done better or faster. But I would have felt so helpless, frustrated and angry if I could not have done everything I had wanted to do. That is the miracle of Liberation for my mom and me.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thrilled to hear about your continued improvement, but heartbroken to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you…
Thrilled to hear about your continued and lasting improvement, but heartbroken to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you…
Thanks so much, Marc.
Nicole I wish her the very best. I hope they find a good effective treatment that will make her well soon.
Post a Comment