Saturday, September 25, 2010

Great news!

Just a quick update on my questionable balance of this past week:

 I had another excellent PT appointment yesterday.  Ginger had a cancellation, so I got one more session with her before she leaves DC for San Francisco.  I told her about my concerns regarding my balance.  We put it to the test, and it passed with flying colors!

This doesn't mean that I am a fantastic balancer yet, just that she could not see any decline from a week and a half ago.  I'll take it!  What a relief.

I am still paying excruciating attention to almost every move that I make.  It comes with the territory, I guess.  That's not a complaint, just a statement of fact!

Now I am going to spend my weekend counting my blessings, and trying to do that resting thing I've been talking about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole, That's wonderful news. The more I read about your improvements, the more excited I get for all MS patients to be treated. I commented on your sept.
2nd post, "almost local", I'm anxiously awaiting IRB approval.Also, how is your mom?
Thanks for another great post.
God bless!!

Pam Sojka said...

Hi Nicole,

I am sooo encouraged by your blog! I saw your post on the MS Facebook page and then proceeded to read through each entry on your blog. I can so relate to you!

I had the procedure done in Cabo in mid-July and am considering going back for a second time. We have a lot in common - Segways, wonderful husbands and families, a parent with cancer, hopeful outlooks, similar walking and balance issues... but I'm 48, so I have a few more years on you :-).

I'm definitely going to have the angio done again; it's just a matter of when and where. I live in Southern California and it seems there are more options becoming available each week. But I want a doctor who is "aggressive" with lots of experience. It sounds like you have been blessed with some great doctors and physical therapists. I'm so happy for you!
Thanks for taking the time and being willing to share your story. I'm sure it is an encouragement to many.

Here's to open veins and new friends!
Pam