I was hoping that I would be back to some type of routine by now. No such luck. Stress is gone, but with one kid home and one away, things are still hopping in my life.
I have been working hard with my trainer to strengthen my muscles that lift my toes and on those darn hip extensors! I am really enjoying my time in the gym. I was curious about the differences between a PT and a trainer. I have found that when the trainer is VERY well educated, and the exercises are so basic, there is really no difference! Of course, my insurance paid for my PT at 100%, and they pay 0% for the trainer. I am making the most of the time that I spend with her, and am working the exercises into my day.
My stamina is back to full speed, and my walking is back to where it was before my stressful weeks. I still have quite a long way to go to get to where I would LIKE to be, but for now I can do what needs doing. How can I complain?
I have been fortunate to have attended two shows at the Kennedy Center in the past week, and am going again on Saturday. There is a lot of walking required in that massive facility, especially if you park on the wrong side of the building and have to trek all the way across the joint to get to your intended theater! I have been able to do it pretty damned well if I do say so myself! Luckily my "fancy" black cane matched my outfits beautifully, and I had a handsome man's hand to hold to complete my look. Priorities, right ladies?
I am trying to steer clear of the heat, although high school gyms are like saunas on a bad day. Don't even get me started on the aroma! Aaahh... but to get to see my girl sink a great basketball shot is worth it all!
I took a break from blogging last June (here) because I was struggling with figuring out my next move. I had nothing good to share, and needed to give myself permission to take some time off to find a new doctor to retreat me. Luckily I was able to do that much more quickly than I had imagined. I found Dr. Haskal and was retreated just one month after I signed off for the summer (here read Part 3)!
I am going to allow myself to take a more relaxed approach to blogging this summer, too. Not because anything is wrong. In fact everything is good again, and seems to just be getting better. I am in awe of the stamina of Joan Beal and her tireless dedication to the CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis Facebook page. I think that the world might actually stop turning if she took a vacation from her role!
Luckily for me I am not Joan. I appreciate being able to share my little role in this awesome new discovery. But as a small player, I have the luxury of taking breaks. I promise to share with you any newsworthy developments in my life, but I won't bore you with my everyday minutiae. I value your time as well as my own!
Have a great summer my friends. I intend to do the same!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi there. You might not think you have much to say but I know for me it is good to hear of how you are feeling and your PT. How ofetn do you go to PT?
Will you be going to the seminar in NYC on 7/15?
Thank you for the update!
Best, Karen
Thanks for the kind words, Karen. I am seeing the trainer for 30 minutes twice a week. I would like to do more, but it is expensive!
I was planning on going to NY again this year, but my daughter has a big basketball tournament that I just don't want to miss. I look forward to getting lots of great reports from friends on the ground!
Nicole
Anonymous,
Thank you for your suggestion. I have contacted N. and hope to make a connection for her. You are such a good soul!
Nicole
You are awesome and caring. Thank you so much for all your help and support to everyone affected by ms.
Have a wonderful summer.
God bless!!
Post a Comment