Saturday, June 18, 2011

Crazy busy!

I have been feeling guilty shirking my blogging responsibilities!  I try to post weekly but these past two weeks have been filled with awesome celebrations, end of school activities, and preparing my kids for their summer adventures.

The heat has definitely been impacting my ability to accomplish all that I have on my "to do" list.  I spent a full hour in Target on Tuesday checking items off of the camp packing list.  Did I mention that I spent an hour walking the aisles of Target?  That is huge for me.  The downside is that I was noticeably wobblier the next day. Aah...  I hate rebound!

The good stress of all of these exciting events has impacted me in the same way bad stress does.  My walking suffers, and my fatigue increases.  I am anxious for this wonderful week to come to a close, and for my lovely boring life to resume.  I thrive on routine!

So this post is necessarily short in order to check one more item off of my list.  I feel the weight of my week getting lighter by the minute.  I should have definitely done some meditation, or at least deep breathing exercises during all of this craziness.  I didn't make the time.  In hindsight that is pretty stupid.  Tomorrow I cross the finish line, so I will stop and smell the roses again beginning Monday.

The top of my next "to do" list will be to practice all of my wonderful relaxation strategies so that I will be better prepared for the next inevitable stressful time in my life.   I'm just too busy to start right now! ;o)

No comments: