I wish I had some truly exciting stories to share with you. My week was productive, successful, active, and very average. Did I say average? That in and of itself is pretty miraculous! I love being average! Although being an overachiever, it is possible that I might be extraordinarily average. ;o) I can't help myself, sorry.
I did all of the things that I must do, but I did them with so much more ease. Shopping was easy, carrying laundry baskets was easy, standing in front of the stove was easy! Nothing was totally effortless, but it is such a pleasure to not have to think about every step I take, or every move I make. Wait… I think I just plagiarized a Police song. Sorry Sting!
I am noticing some subtle improvements in my balance and temperature sensitivity this week. I wrote about both things in my last post. I believed that neither would ever be great, but what a difference a week makes! I am able to balance on one foot, longer on the right than the left- for now. I have also not been nearly as cold as I had been. This week has been warmer than usual, but the past two days have been downright frigid, and I’m doing just fine. Go figure.
I have been spending more time carrying my cane as an accessory this week. I'm discovering that a lot of my confidence has been sucked up by that simple little stick. I am having to prove to myself, little by little, that I really can walk outside without it. It will be a while before I leave it behind for long walks, but I did go cane-free from my car to the grocery store this week. A shopping cart is just a big walker in disguise, so I cheated while I shopped. But you try to juggle food for a family of four without a cart! I was using that cart for it's intended purpose, not because I couldn't have walked the aisles without it. Been there, done that!
Now may I tell you about some other exciting CCSVI news? The CCSVI Alliance, on whose Patient Advisory Board I proudly serve, is having its first big fundraiser March 5th. It is The Opening Minds for CCSVI Walk–n-Roll in Tampa, FL. The event will also include an informational Symposium the evening of March 4th showcasing doctors, patient perspectives, and a fabulous silent auction. If you can’t make it to Tampa, you can still support this excellent organization any time, day or night! Go to www.ccsvi.org , then click on the "Donate" button in the top right corner of the page.
Doctors are supporting The Alliance by providing video content, as well as reviewing all medical information provided on the site. The Alliance is also proud to have been chosen by the National MS Society as a provider of information about CCSVI. They have added a link on their website to The Alliance’s site. It is a good first step for an organization that, as of now, has been lukewarm at best in its support of this awesome new development in possibly redefining MS and its treatment.
That's all for now. If in the next week I discover that I can leap tall buildings in a single bound, you'll be the first to know!
1 comment:
so happy to hear the MS society is on board. And I do agree, the shopping cart is a big walker in disguise. Had my procedure four days ago, my balance seems worse (yikes, what's happening??) but energy is up. I'm so thankful for your posts, such helpful information.
God bless!!
Post a Comment