Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just twiddling my thumbs...

The good news is that there is nothing exciting to report.  I have not fallen on my face even once in the past week!  I have fallen asleep A LOT, though!  Last Friday I could barely keep my eyes open during breakfast, even though I had had a decent night's sleep.  My husband suggested I take a nap.  Who me?  Nap??

I finally gave in around 11:30am, took out my contacts, and snuggled down for a rest.  I reemerged from the bedroom around 4:30PM!

This kind of exhausting fatigue has never been one of my biggest complaints.  Physical fatigue was always my Achilles heel, and that's creeping back in, too.  It is interesting to note.  I look forward to restoring proper blood drainage from my brain so that I can stay alert all day, and only nap if I choose to nap!

A very wise man whom I greatly admire told me that he admires me for my "moxie and go get them attitude." I am flattered, of course.  But how hard is it to keep motivated when I have insurance that pays for this wonderful treatment, a doctor whom I trust and like, and a history of excellent response to venoplasty?  It is easy.

My life is a walk in the park compared to what so many others endure.  I never forget to count my blessings, and work to help push and/or drag the movement forward for the benefit of my children and all of my fellow sufferers.

I have a strategy session scheduled with Dr. Haskal for Monday, and treatment on Wednesday.  I have great respect for his skills and philosophy.  He is more conservative than some doctors who are treating CCSVI.  I'm fine with that.  I have the luxury of being able to take it slow and steady thanks to proximity and insurance coverage.  As he was in the midst of performing my last procedure in December, Dr Haskal told me that if what he was doing didn't meet our expectations, there was more that he could do next time.  I'm ready to explore exactly what that "more" is that he was referring to.

I'll let you know how it all turns out next week.  I have great confidence in my doctor, but I'll still take all of the positive thoughts that you can send my way!

Thanks!  Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T'm so happy for you, hope all goes well. And I agree, "My life is a walk in the park"... I've been so blessed,my 2nd procedure was May5th in Md. with a wonderful Dr.(Craig Suchin)and staff.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your procedure.
God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear how things went last week.

Joyce