Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BORING

For the first time in many months I have absolutely nothing to say about myself, except that I had a very average week.  No thrills, no spills, just getting it done.  Lovely.

While my life is only interesting for its boring normalcy, genuinely exciting things are going on in Chicago, Illinois these days!  The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is holding their conference there, and I expect fascinating news to come out this week.  First and foremost doctors have released a study "Interventional Radiologists Advance MS Research: Vein-Opening Treatment Safe" which should calm the fears of the good neurologists who are counseling their patients to avoid this treatment for safety concerns.

Tonight is an extraordinary Roundtable meeting of the best and brightest doctors in the US who are studying and treating CCSVI.  This event is being made possible by the CCSVI Alliance, and anyone who is in Chicago and interested in attending is welcome!  What a gift it is that these professional are sitting down for a moderated conversation about CCSVI, and that they are allowing the public to observe and ask questions.

This CCSVI thing just keeps getting interestinger and interestinger!  Don't worry.  I'm allowed to make up words because Miriam Webster is a personal friend of mine. ;o)  

No comments: